The Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) has postponed the June 200 examinations by four weeks. The exams management body postponed the exams due to uncertainty caused by the coronavirus (Covid-19) induced national lockdown.
In a circular, the director of ZIMSEC Dr Nembaware said that the June 2020 Examinations Time-Table has been pushed forward by four(4) weeks. He went on to say that ZIMSEC would advise of the revised examination dates once the government has confirmed when schools will be re-opened. He also cautioned all the students who have registered for the examinations to continue preparing for the writing of examinations.
Below is the communique from ZIMSEC which iHarare is publishing in full.
8 May 2020
DIRECTOR’S CIRCULAR NUMBER 01 /2020
• The Permanent Secretary- Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education
• The Permanent Secretary- Ministry Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare
• Chief Directors- Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education
• Provincial Education Directors, Ministry of Primary and Secondary’ Education
• District Schools Inspectors, Ministry of Primary and Second, Education
• President -NASH
• Secretary General-Teacher Unions
• Regional Managers -ZIMSEC
• Secretariat- ACES
• Heads of Ordinary and Advanced Level Examination Centres
Heads of Examination Centres are required to distribute copies of this circular to all members of the Examinations Committee and chairpersons of the School Development Committees.
JUNE 2020 ZGCE ORDINARY AND ADVANCED LEVEL EXAMINATIONS
This circular serves to advise all Heads of Examination Centres, Candidates, parents and stakeholders of National Examinations that the June 2020 Examinations Time-Table has been pushed forward by four (4) weeks pending advice about the re-opening of schools by the Government of Zimbabwe (GoZ).
Revised Examination dates will be issued out as soon as confirmation of the re-opening of schools is announced.
The Table of Numbers and Entry Listings for all June 2020 Candidates were despatched to all Examination Centres during the course of this week in preparation for the Examinations. Heads of Examination Centres SHOULD advise all Registered Candidates to continue preparing for the writing of the -Examinations.
Dr L Nembaware
DIRECTOR ZIMBABWE SCHOOL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL